Coconut Secrets for Optimal Health
- Helps Prevent Obesity by speeding up metabolism, providing an immediate source of energy with fewer calories than other fats.¬† People who consistently use coconut products, report a stronger ability to go without eating for several hours with no affects of hypoglycemia.¬†
- Improves Heart Health by providing healthy short chain and medium chain fatty acids (MCFA) that are essential to good health.¬† Close to 98% of all fatty acids consumed are composed of long-chain fatty acids (LCFA), which are very different from MCFA that have no negative effect on cholesterol ratios and help to lower the risk of atherosclerosis and protect against heart disease.¬† Studies have shown that populations in Polynesia and Sri Lanka, where coconuts are a dietary staple, do not suffer from high serum cholesterol or heart disease.¬† Unlike other fats, the unique properties of coconut also contain a large amount of lauric acid, which is the predominant fatty acid found in mother’s milk.
- High in Dietary Fiber rivaling other fiber sources such as psyllium, wheat bran, oat bran, and rice bran.¬† Coconut supplies an impressive 61% dietary fiber!¬†¬† Foods contain two types of carbohydrates – digestible and non-digestible.¬† Digestible carbohydrates (soluble fiber) consists of starch and sugar and promote calories. Non-digestible carbohydrates (insoluble fiber) contains NO calories.¬† Since the body cannot digest the dietary fiber in coconut, no calories are derived from it and it has no effect on blood sugar.
- Low Glycemic Index (GI) measures how fast available carbohydrates in food raise blood sugar levels.¬† Coconut fiber slows down the release of glucose, therefore requiring less insulin to utilize the glucose and transport it into the cell where it is converted into energy.¬† Coconut also assists in relieving stress on the pancreas and enzyme systems of the body, in turn, reducing the risks associated with Diabetes.¬† Coconut Nectar and Crystals have a very low GI of only 35 (compared to honey with a GI of 55-83, and sugar with a GI of 65-100.)
- Reduces Sweet Cravings and improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose.¬† The healthy fat in coconut slowsdown any rise in blood sugar and helps to reduce hypoglycemic cravings.
- Improves Digestion and many of the symptoms and inflammatory conditions associatedwith digestive and bowel disorders, by supporting absorption of other nutrients including vitamins, minerals, and amino acids while also providing beneficial dietary fiber.
- Quick Energy Boost that provides a super nutritious source of extra energy.¬† Coconut is utilized by the body to actually produce energy, rather than to store it as body fat.¬† It supports improved endurance during physical and athletic performance. As well, it promotes healthy thyroid function and helps to relieve the symptoms of chronic fatigue.
Reference : https://www.coconutsecret.com/coconuthealthsecrets2.html